Friday, November 4, 2011

lonely

Loneliness. It's part of the human condition, I guess. And we go to such lengths to keep it at bay, don't we? Maybe stay in a relationship that we shouldn't. Maybe deceive ourselves into believing that we really are ready for that new relationship when we're really not. Shopping, TV, internet, alcohol. It's all a big distraction from the lonely. But I think of Jesus on the cross. It's doesn't get more lonely - even the Father turned from him. He knows lonely more intimately that I could ever imagine. He knows my brand of lonely to be sure. He knows. But it serves a purpose, if only to align me more closely with Him and His heart for the world. Our heartache is not wasted. Lord, I surrender all to you. Turn this broken girl into an instrument worthy of your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment